Belated weekly thingy: Happy 5777!
Which is about to be the Jewish year, in case you’re confused. And in honour of Rosh Hashanah traditions, here’s something round and sweet:
Places to buy stuff!
- TEEPUBLIC: mostly t-shirts, a few other products. Watch for sales, when shirts drop from $20 to $14!
- REDBUBBLE: Just, I don’t know, a ton of different stuff. T-shirts are more expensive than Teepublic, but there are a lot more options.
- AMAZON: Home of the Geeky Gals Coloring Book!
- ETSY: beaded jewelry, bags of creepy tiny dolls, and The Neurotic Owl Tarot
Did I miss something? I think that’s everything.
Things that kind of sucked but also have a little bit of a bright side, I guess?:
- Next week at work is going to suuuuuuck. So much to do, so little time/resources/magic wands. It’s only a four day week for me, though, thanks to the aforementioned Jewish holiday. Which is theoretically great, but will probably just mean an extra-crazy Tuesday playing catch-up, plus High Holy Days just seem to always trigger multiple dipwads to go, “Ooh, I should be Jewish, I want a day off.” Yes, by all means, use my ancient religious observance to skip work, THAT’S WHAT IT’S FOR. Also, fuck you, I take two whole days a year (Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur), and neither one is exactly a dance party. I’ll be in synagogue Monday morning for a solid 5 1/2 hours, and we won’t even talk about how long a day Yom Kippur is.
What’s making me happy this week:
- I sat next to a really cute kid at the ballet last night who loves to draw and had a ball watching me sketch before the show and during intermission. She is going to be a ballerina marine biologist astronomer. I NEVER really socialize with strangers, especially when I’m drawing (because it makes me feel like a performing monkey), but 9 year old ballerina marine biologist astronomers are irresistible. She was delightful. Also, Madame Butterfly is always fabulous, so it was a night of winning.