Weekly thingy and another lady of awesomeness!
A friend suggested James Tiptree Jr. (or, really, Alice B. Sheldon), and I’m so glad, because now I have SO MANY new things to read. Sheldon wrote as Tiptree starting in the 1960s and managed to keep her actual gender a secret until ten years before her death, to the point that multiple writers, male and female, addressed the rumours that the secretive ‘Tip’ might be female only to deny them. A woman could never write like THAT. You know what? Read this article, it’s better than I can do.
Places to buy stuff!
- TEEPUBLIC: mostly t-shirts, a few other products. Watch for sales, when shirts drop from $20 to $14!
- REDBUBBLE: Just, I don’t know, a ton of different stuff. T-shirts are more expensive than Teepublic, but there are a lot more options.
- AMAZON: Home of the Geeky Gals Coloring Book!
- ETSY: beaded jewelry, bags of creepy tiny dolls, and The Neurotic Owl Tarot
Did I miss something? I think that’s everything.
Things that kind of sucked but also have a little bit of a bright side, I guess?:
- Ugh, fitting scheduling. Yay, buff dancer fittings!
- I finished You, Me, and the Apocalypse and I need you to watch it too because it’s fantastic, but also so you can share my rage about the ending and then help petition Netflix to make series 2.
What’s making me happy this week:
- I just started listening to ANOTHER podcast, NPR’s Embedded. It’s fabulous, though not for the faint of heart.
- I had burgers with friends in a shack under the freeway today. They were AMAZING. Nothing says awesome like ‘We can’t have a deep fryer, the shack would catch fire.’