Two coloured things in one week, what?
Credit for the base idea goes to whichever podcast I was listening to when someone mentioned a Schuyler sisters mash-up, but I can’t remember which one that was. Maybe Mighty Fine Shindig? I listen to a lot of podcasts, y’all. Here’s the current list:
Botch Cast (listen to a bunch of nerds RPG it up as Marvel heroes!)
Mighty Fine Shindig
Story and Star Wars
Star Trek Slap Fight
There and Back Again (critical reading of the Hobbit)
Buffering the Vampire Slayer
Lore (urban legends — too creepy to listen to at night or alone in the theatre basement)
Dead Pilots Society
Slate’s Dear Prudence
We Can Do This All Day (MCU discussion)
Dear Mr. Potter: A Harry Potter Seminar
Radiolab Presents: More Perfect
My Dad Wrote a Porno
Hello from the Magic Tavern
Til Death Do Us Blart (a yearly watching of Paul Blart, Mall Cop II, because Kiwis are weird)
Dusted: A Buffy podcast
How Did This Get Made?
Wait Wait . . . Don’t Tell Me!
This American Life
Judge John Hodgman
Thrilling Adventure Hour
Pop Culture Happy Hour
Ask Me Another
Welcome to Night Vale
Wheeee! In my defense, many of these are on indefinite hiatus or between seasons; I do NOT get every one of those every week or my phone would explode, and I would have no time left for audiobooks.
Places to buy stuff!
- TEEPUBLIC: mostly t-shirts, a few other products. Watch for sales, when shirts drop from $20 to $14!
- REDBUBBLE: Just, I don’t know, a ton of different stuff. T-shirts are more expensive than Teepublic, but there are a lot more options.
- AMAZON: Home of the Geeky Gals Coloring Book!
- ETSY: beaded jewelry, bags of creepy tiny dolls, and The Neurotic Owl Tarot
Did I miss something? I think that’s everything.
Things that kind of sucked but also have a little bit of a bright side, I guess?:
- The NFL taking over our building for a week was a huge pain in the ass, but they left behind tons of snacks and maybe 12 cases of fancy-schmancy bottled water becuase I guess they have money to burn. Don’t worry, we’re giving it all a good home.
- I couldn’t figure out why my stupid shoe hurt this morning till I got to work and could take it off, at which point I discovered that Mooch had hidden a tiny pompom in the toe. Awww. But ow. But awww.
What’s making me happy this week:
- So much Star Trek: TNG. I just really need something hopeful right now, y’all. I’m watching it right now in split screen and THIS IS THE EPISODE WITH BEN VEREEN, gotta go!