Click to embiggen. I say that a lot.
Sorry, it’s been kind of a bonkers week, but mostly just mentally. I was also very busy dealing with theatre-y stuff, so I’m behind on most of my leisure arting, but more stitching happened! Thank goodness for this project, my stress level needs it right now.
Places to buy stuff!
- TEEPUBLIC: mostly t-shirts, a few other products. Watch for sales, when shirts drop from $20 to $14!
- REDBUBBLE: Just, I don’t know, a ton of different stuff. T-shirts are more expensive than Teepublic, but there are a lot more options.
- AMAZON: Home of the Geeky Gals Coloring Book!
- ETSY: beaded jewelry, bags of creepy tiny dolls, and The Neurotic Owl Tarot
Did I miss something? I think that’s everything.
What’s making me happy this week:
- I got Magical Sparkle Muffin started watching the new One Day at a Time on Netflix, and then I rewatched it, and now I demand that all of you watch it. Rita Moreno! Single moms! Depression! Queerness! QUINCEANEARAS! It’s funnier that I’m making it sound, but it’s also following in the proud Norman Lear tradition of being edgy as hell, plus Rita Moreno is a national treasure. Do the thing!
- I early voted and I don’t want to jinx it but please, God, please let us take this country back from the dickheads? Midterms are a great time to do that, you guys — surely we recall how much power the House and Senate and local level politicians wield? And okay, this is just the primaries, but those are important! In particular, I think Beto O’Rourke is the bomb and also is very very good at getting his name out, which makes him our best chance in Texas. I’m sure other states have this kind of situation. And frequently I temper my get out the vote exhortations by telling Republicans to sleep in, but primaries are your chance to take your party back! I remember a time when the GOP were just wrong, not monsters. I miss that.