I haven’t forgotten you guys, but tech week is a harsh mistress. Want to know what I did for the last seven days?
Saturday – Tech, 10-10
Sunday – Tech, 10-10
Monday – Day job 8-3:30, Tech 4-10
Tuesday – day job 8-5, preview 7-10
Wednesday – day job 8-5, preview 7-10
Thursday – day job 8-5, opening 7-10:30
Today – day job 8-5 and then hoooooooome. My poor cat has been so neglected.
And mind you, this is designing a show for a lovely supportive theatre with a full costume shop. Anywhere else, I’d have been up late every night for weeks before tech doing all the alterations myself. So I’m just saying, Nara no brains very tired no art. Some craft, though. I sit still poorly and 20 hours of tech is too long to do nothing, so I pulled out a long-forgotten cross stitch that I could work on in the dark with just a clip light. I lacked sufficient energy for cartooning or freeform embroidery, but cross stitch is just following a chart. Is good.
So that’s progress. Putting it down again after tonight to finish the map dress for Comicpalooza and get back to the more creative embroidery, but I will not neglect it for another five years! Also, this time I will pack it neatly in its own bag with all the supplies so it’s easy to pick back up.
I may have also ordered a stumpwork kit from etsy this weekend because that’s a skill I want to learn and I lack self control.
Places to buy stuff!
- TEEPUBLIC: mostly t-shirts, a few other products. Watch for sales, when shirts drop from $20 to $14!
- REDBUBBLE: Just, I don’t know, a ton of different stuff. T-shirts are more expensive than Teepublic, but there are a lot more options.
- AMAZON: 2 colouring books, and now, a nearly-complete cartoon collection! (Till I draw more.)
- ETSY: beaded jewelry, bags of creepy tiny dolls, and The Neurotic Owl Tarot
Did I miss something? I think that’s everything.
What’s making me happy this week:
- Did I mention that I’m home? The TV is on! I’m eating a dinner I made in my kitchen! YASSSSSSSS!