Weekly thingy and a blast from the past.
Remember seventyleven years ago when I was having fun with the idea of drawing Jewish heroines as if they were Disney princesses?
Me neither, almost. I had a couple more in mind but must have gotten distracted by a squirrel or a shiny object or something. Anyway, certain recent hamentaschen related rants brought this one back to mind, so:
If you think this one seems inappropriate, just wait — next I’m figuring out how you’d charmingly illustrate Judith dressed up as a prostitute and holding up Holofernes’ severed head. Don’t fuck with a Jewish girl, yo.
Places to buy stuff!
- TEEPUBLIC: mostly t-shirts, a few other products. Watch for sales, when shirts drop from $20 to $14!
- REDBUBBLE: Just, I don’t know, a ton of different stuff. T-shirts are more expensive than Teepublic, but there are a lot more options.
- AMAZON: 2 colouring books, and now, a nearly-complete cartoon collection! (Till I draw more.)
- ETSY: beaded jewelry, bags of creepy tiny dolls, and The Neurotic Owl Tarot
Did I miss something? I think that’s everything.
What’s making me happy this week:
- I was hemming a skirt last weekend and Mooch made it much, much harder, but adorably so. He kept alternating between running back and forth through the skirt while I was pinning and lying on his back under the dress form, waving all four paws in the air and just enjoying the crap out of his magical tent. So slow hemming, but super worth it. Also I finally gave up and ordered a ruffler foot, because there is nothing like staring at the roll of trim you just cut for your polonaise to make you not want to do a thousand pleats by hand. Of course the foot didn’t stay on my machine properly because that’s how my life goes, but I have acquired a washer and should be ready to ruffle again!
- I got amazing news about a gig that I probably can’t shout to the internet yet, but suffice it to say that my nerdiness has been recognized and rewarded with a very fun design project. W00t.