Yay laptop yay October boo tiredness.
Paper dolls are proceeding, but v. slowly – High Holy Days plus two operas rushing toward the finish line is a lot. But it’s October, so yay Halloween, yay moving slightly further away from the endless summer Houston is trapped in someday, and yay other people telling me what to draw. After Inktober is over I’m seriously considering a word of the day lookup or pulling a random word prompt off of Facebook or something to keep me cartooning — I do seem to be able to find something to do no matter what. (Although I skimmed through the list for the rest of the month and I don’t remember the words that looked hard, I just remember thinking ‘urgh’.)
Also, if I close my eyes and point at my Facebook feed 80% of the cartoons will be cats, chonky cats, kittens, and assorted cat-related ads, so that could get monotonous.
I don’t really do horror, I have no idea why this is what jumped into my head.
My in any meeting ever.
IT’S MFING OCTOBER COOL THE FUCK DOWN HOUSTON.
Places to buy stuff!
- TEEPUBLIC: mostly t-shirts, a few other products. Watch for sales, when shirts drop from $20 to $14!
- REDBUBBLE: Just, I don’t know, a ton of different stuff. T-shirts are more expensive than Teepublic, but there are a lot more options.
- AMAZON: 2 colouring books, and now, a nearly-complete cartoon collection! (Till I draw more.)
- ETSY: beaded jewelry, bags of creepy tiny dolls, and The Neurotic Owl Tarot
Did I miss something? I think that’s everything.
What’s making me happy this week:
- Did you know that Seanan McGuire has multiple books worth of free short stories set in her InCryptid world on her website?!?!? I did not know that. And, like, she calls them short stories, but quite a few are closer to novellas. SOOOOO MUCH READING YAY.