Week two, still with the thing!
Here, have a rerun cartoon. Teehee, evil wordplay.
I’m adding another category, because ‘what’s making me happy this week’ is great, but not always indicative of how my life works, as evidenced by the ouchy knees story from last week. So there will also be a slot for ‘Things that kind of sucked but have a little bit of a bright side, I guess?’, thus filling my long-windedness quota.
Places to buy stuff!
- TEEPUBLIC: mostly t-shirts, a few other products. Watch for sales, when shirts drop from $20 to $14!
- REDBUBBLE: Just, I don’t know, a ton of different stuff. T-shirts are more expensive than Teepublic, but there are a lot more options.
- AMAZON: Home of the Geeky Gals Coloring Book!
- ETSY: beaded jewelry, bags of creepy tiny dolls, and The Neurotic Owl Tarot
Did I miss something? I think that’s everything.
Things that kind of sucked but also have a little bit of a bright side, I guess?:
- My computer absolutely died on me, and I don’t yet know if the data will be recoverable, and I won’t have time to find out for a while yet. Good thing I bought an iPad a few years ago, because I also won’t be replacing poor old Bessie for a few months, probably. The iPad isn’t really sufficient for serious image editing, though, so expect reruns and doll photos and random shit for a while. The good news is, my computer picked the best possible time to die, since I’m both getting overtime pay and will be seeing a big chunk of money for a side job in a few months, tops, so I can afford to get a really good replacement instead of limping along with whatever I can get cheaply.
- I’m absolutely, definitely getting sick, and there is no way I can possibly skip work tomorrow because that’s just how it is when an out-of-town designer is in-house for a few days only. I got wonton soup and kitty cuddles, though, so that helps. Soon I will take a hot bath while said kitty sits on the edge of the tub drinking my bath water (because he is gross), and that will help, too
What’s me happy this week:
- This guy right here:
- Who am I kidding? Both of these guys: