Goodbye, 2016. Can I have a pause button?
This is where I’m supposed to be all, “Ugh, 2016, die in a fire,” but I just can’t. This has been a scary and depressing and difficult damn year, but it’s also our last year with President Barack Obama, and I don’t want to let go of that. I want to be hopeful, but I find it difficult to believe that 2017 is going to be better when we’re going to watch a fucking fascist get sworn in to the highest office in the land and do his best to systematically dismantle everything that’s good in the world very, very soon. This is not a cheery New Year’s post; I just don’t have it in me.
Anyway, polar bears are cute, right? Who likes polar bears?
Places to buy stuff!
- TEEPUBLIC: mostly t-shirts, a few other products. Watch for sales, when shirts drop from $20 to $14!
- REDBUBBLE: Just, I don’t know, a ton of different stuff. T-shirts are more expensive than Teepublic, but there are a lot more options.
- AMAZON: Home of the Geeky Gals Coloring Book!
- ETSY: beaded jewelry, bags of creepy tiny dolls, and The Neurotic Owl Tarot
Did I miss something? I think that’s everything.
Things that kind of sucked but also have a little bit of a bright side, I guess?:
- I have high cholesterol and low thyroid! But my new doctor seems pretty great based on her nurse and nurse-practitioner, both of whom I really dug. And the cholesterol is a fairly simple (if not easy) fix, because my diet has SUCKED the last few years, so it’s easy to see how to improve it. This is not a mystery diagnosis, is what I’m saying; Dr. House would not bother with me. I love you, cheese and fried things, and now I will love you just as intensely but much less often.
What’s making me happy this week:
- Many days off which are PAID. I have not forgotten and will not forget how much this time of year sucks financially if your workplace is closed for holidays and you don’t get them paid. It’s hard to enjoy free time when you’re freaking out about rent.
- Many lovely and thoughtful gifts, but especially the Buffering signed CD that J gave me because we are podcast buddies and she is awesome. Also, if you want to listen to a delightful pair of lesbians discuss and sing about Buffy, the Buffering podcast shall be your bag. Your stabby neckerchief wearing Cordelia loving bag.