Weekly thingy and some damn lazy sewing.
Hello, my squidgy gummy cola bottles! So you’ve already seen the blouse I made with the leftovers of this fabric, now behold the dress for which I actually bought it!
SO LAZY, I am. So look, I figured from the start that that was too much print to be the whole dress, plus $$$$, so I planned to buy a coordinating knit and make a simple unstructured summery top with a pleated drop waist skirt. THEN I realized that buying knit to make essentially a tank top is one option, and the other option is just to buy a damn tank top. So I did that. Also, I decided that pleating that print wouldn’t show it off well enough, so 3/4 circle skirt! And finally, after the skirt was on, the bust darts were in, and the whole thing was hemmed, I realized that I always think I’ll like unstructured and actually on me it looks turrible, so time for an elastic casing. Basically it looks a lot like I’m wearing a top and skirt, but the skirt doesn’t sag down in front and I don’t have to worry about finding two matching items of clean clothing, and also it’s breezy as shit.
And look! Pockets! (Well, pocket, but I swear there’s a matching one on the other side. I have not yet mastered levitating my phone with my mind.)
Places to buy stuff!
- TEEPUBLIC: mostly t-shirts, a few other products. Watch for sales, when shirts drop from $20 to $14!
- REDBUBBLE: Just, I don’t know, a ton of different stuff. T-shirts are more expensive than Teepublic, but there are a lot more options.
- AMAZON: 2 colouring books, and now, a nearly-complete cartoon collection! (Till I draw more.)
- ETSY: beaded jewelry, bags of creepy tiny dolls, and The Neurotic Owl Tarot
Did I miss something? I think that’s everything.
What’s making me happy this week:
- It was a nice quiet week at work with only two other people, both of whom are quiet and low key, and THAT’S ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT.
- This judgey mofo right here.Young lady, we need to talk about
what’s in your nightstand drawers SHUT UP MOOCH I PAY EXTRA RENT FOR YOU.